There isn’t a day that goes by without some new information or process that business needs to know concerning Brexit. At Payroll Masters we are keeping fully up to date with announcements affecting payroll and matters associated with managing the outsourced payroll service we provide to our clients.
What Employers Need To Know About The EU Settlement Scheme
- EU citizens who want to stay in the UK after 31 December 2020, and their close family, will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme
- As an employer you cannot discriminate against EU citizens as a current or prospective employer, now that the UK has decided to leave the EU
- Current right to work checks apply until the end of 2020
- You do not have to pay the cost of the application by your EU employee, but you may at your own discretion
- You do not have to interpret information provided by government
- You must be careful not to provide immigration advice
At Payroll Masters HR issues arise every day as we carry out the outsourced payroll function for our clients in education, the public sector and private businesses. We can answer common questions, but we also have specialist trusted HR partners with whom we work. So, if you have a question regarding payroll or HR issues post Brexit, please give our experts in our Birmingham head office a call or drop us an email.